Issue of Securities (Director Approvals Package)
This do-it-yourself document generator helps you draft all the documents you need to issue new securities in your business – be they shares, options, convertible notes or units in a unit trust.
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Pack to Complete Issue of Securities in 15 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download a PDF version for you to review, customise or sign.
What is a Securities Issuance Pack?
A Securities Issuance Pack is a set of all the documents required to issue new shares, options, notes, or units in a company.
This pack includes director/s approvals or resolutions for the issue of the shares, in a written resolution format or via a board meeting, an application form for the shares, and ‘share certificates’ for officially issuing the shares.
The resolutions provide for issuing and alloting the securities to the Applicant, entering the Applicant as the holder of those securities in the books of the Company, and issuing new certificates for those securities in the name of the Applicant.
When should I use a Securities Issuance Pack?
A Securities Issuance Pack should be used if you’re a company documenting the issuance of new shares, options, notes, or units to investors.
What topics does a Securities Issuance Pack cover?
The pack covers these main areas:
- Resolutions of the director(s) for the issue of the shares
- An application form for the shares
- ‘Share certificates’ for officially issuing the shares
What are the main decisions I need to make in creating a Securities Issuance Pack ?
- What type of securities are being issued – shares, options, notes, or units?
- How many shares would you like to issue? This represents the total number of shares, in each class, issued by your company. The number of shares your company issues represents your company’s capital. The number and price of these shares will depend on how much capital is needed by your company. If you are unsure about the amount of capital your company needs, please contact us directly.
- What information you would need from the applicants for the securities?
- What is the total amount of paid and unpaid shares you would like to issue. The shareholder (or ‘member’) may pay the full amount when they purchase the shares, or they may only pay a portion of the cost. What these amounts are and if they are paid or unpaid, must be included in the share structure.
What other names does a Securities Issuance Pack go by?
A Securities Issuance Pack is also known as:
- a Pack for the Issuance of Securities
- a Share Issuance Pack; or
- Pack for the Issuance of Shares.
- Share Allotment Pack
- Stock Allotment Pack
- Securities Allotment Pack
- Issue of securities Company minutes & resolutions package
Securities includes shares (including ordinary shares, preference shares, and different classes of shares), options and units in a unit trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
The parties involved are the company (acting through its directors), and the prospective investors or holders of shares, options, notes, or units.
Generally you need this pack when you’re in a company that’s issuing new shares, options, notes, or units.
No, it doesn’t. Disclosure is a separate question.
This pack is for recording and documenting a transaction to comply with the Corporations Act.
If you need advice on disclosure requirements, please contact us – we’ll be happy to help.
- Whether resolutions will be written or done at a Board meeting
- Director details
- Type, number, and price of shares, options, notes, or units being offered
- Applicant details
- Company details
There are several signing options available. How you sign largely depends on where the parties are located and if they will attend signing together. You can print on paper and sign, or use electronic signature tools such as Docusign or Hellosign.
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we would be happy to assist.
If you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the document please do not sign it or use it, please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
Expertly crafted legal documents customised to your specific circumstances in less than 15 minutes
Download and print a PDF version instantly
No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Not quite right? Looking for something else?
What other documents might I need?
If you’re interested in a Securities Issuance Pack you might also need to think about:
This document sets out the details and obligations that govern the framework between the company and shareholders.
This document outlines the principles of governance of the company and will usually detail the resignation or removal conditions and criteria for directors/officers.
Read these articles or reach out to us for advice using the contact form below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.