This do-it-yourself document generator helps remove any uncertainty around kicking off a new client relationship by giving you a customised, legally-binding Services Agreement. This document is designed to be provided alongside a proposal, quote, or work order to any client you wish to offer your services to – and it’s ready to use in less than 20 minutes.
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Service Agreement in 20 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download a PDF version for you to review, customise or sign.
What is a Services Agreement?
This is a contract that you would enter into with a particular client, which sets out the exact terms and scope of your service. It includes indemnity clauses, protection for your intellectual property, and general payment schemes to protect both you and your client.
When should I use this Services Agreement?
This document is appropriate if your business offers services (not goods) and you want to create an agreement between your business and a particular client for those services.
If instead you want to create a single set of terms that would apply to every one of your customers, please use the Terms of Business for Services.
What topics does a Services Agreement cover?
- Scope of work
- Use of software/databases
- Existing quotes or proposals
- Payment schemes
- Intellectual property
- Limitation of liability
- Responsibility of costs
- Termination and notice period
- Restrictions (Non-solicitation period)
- Standards and duties
- Boilerplate language
What are the main decisions I need to make in creating a Services Agreement?
- Will you distinguish between in-scope and out of scope work? If yes, you will need to decide if you will charge for out of scope work and how much the hourly rate will be.
- Will you include an indemnity clause? You may opt for mutual indemnification, but you should take into account your respective positions. Consider who is best suited to manage the risks.
- Will you be vesting intellectual property to the client? If not, do you want the agreement to explicitly state that the intellectual property vests in you or stay silent in the matter? The default presumption is that it stays with you, but it may be prudent to be explicit about it in order to avoid disputes later.
- Who is responsible for costs incurred during negotiation, preparation and execution of this agreement?
What other names does a Services Agreement go by?
A Services Agreement is also known as:
- Services Contract
- Contractor’s Agreement
- Contract for Services
- Services Agreement
- Services Agreement – Known Counterparty
- Master Services agreement
- Master Supply Agreement
- Services Agreement for Statement of Work
* This is different from a Contract of Service which is an employment contract.
Frequently Asked Questions
The parties involved are the Provider (you) and the Receiver (your client/customers).
Generally you would need this document when a specific party is hiring your business to perform a service.
This document is intended for a particular client. The client is named in the document and bound by its terms when they sign.
This differs from a ‘Terms of Business’ document, which includes general terms that are used with multiple clients.
Both these documents will protect both you and your clients, and the only difference is which one is more convenient for your type of work. If you’re doing bespoke work for each client, this document is likely to be more appropriate. If you’re doing similar work for each client, a Terms of Business is likely more apppropriate.
- No. If you’re looking to do that, please use the Terms of Business document generator.
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we would be happy to assist.
If you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the document please do not sign it or use it, Please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.t
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
Expertly crafted legal documents customised to your specific circumstances in less than 20 minutes
Download and print a PDF version instantly
No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Looking for something else?
What other documents might I need?
If you’re interested in a Services Agreement you might also need to think about:
- Confidentiality Agreement — also called a non-disclosure agreements (‘NDA’) to protect your confidential information.
Or check out these articles below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.