Termination and Release for Contracts
This do-it-yourself document generator helps you draft a binding Deed of Termination and Release for all types of claims in just 15 minutes.
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Deed of Termination and Release in 10 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download a PDF versions for you to review, customise or sign.
What is a Deed of Termination and Release?
A Deed of Termination and Release is a legal document that terminates contracted parties’ future rights and obligations to an agreement, and releases them from the agreement.
It is suitable if you want to terminate only the future rights and obligations of an agreement while preserving existing claims, OR providing a full mutual release of all claims arising from an agreement or deed.
When should I use a Deed of Termination and Release?
A Deed of Termination and Release should be used if you’re looking to terminate the future rights and obligations arising from an agreement, or looking to execute a mutual release of all claims arising from an agreement.
What topics does a Deed of Termination and Release cover?
- Details of Contracting Parties
- Information about the Prior Document
- Option to include Mutual Releases
- Conditionality of Termination
- Effective Date and Time of the Deed of Termination and Release
- Option to add a Confidentiality Clause and a Non-Disparagement Clause
- Responsibility of Costs
- Governing Law
- Boilerplate language
What are the main decisions I need to make in creating a Deed of Termination and Release?
- How many parties will there be to this deed?
- Do you wish to include mutual releases?
- Is the termination conditional upon any other transactions occurring?
- When will the effective date of the deed occur? (Date and Time)
- Do you want to include a confidentiality clause and/or a non-disparagement clause?
- How will the costs be handled? Determine how the costs incurred in respect of negotiation, preparation and execution of the deed will be divided amongst the parties.
What other names does a Deed of Termination and Release go by?
- Deed of Release
- A Deed of Settlement
- Settlement Deed
Frequently Asked Questions
The parties involved are the contracting parties to an Agreement or Deed.
Generally you would need this document when you are looking to terminate an agreement or deed.
This is an agreement between the parties to a dispute in which they agree to give up all known and unknown claims against the other party arising from a prior agreement.
Yes, you can use this Deed if a party is in Liquidation or Administration.
- Details of the parties to the agreement or deed
- Details of the prior document outlining the agreement or deed. These details include whether the prior document is an agreement or deed, and the name and date of the prior document. IIf you are unclear about the date on which the prior document was signed, you have the option of using the phrase “on or about” to identify when the signature took place.
- Conditionality Details
- Date and time of when the effective date of the deed will occur
- How the costs will be divided
- Governing law of the deed
There are several signing options available. How you sign largely depends on where the parties are located and if they will attend signing together. You can print on paper and sign, or use electronic signature tools such as Docusign or Hellosign.
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we would be happy to assist.
If you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the document please do not sign it or use it, Please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
Expertly crafted legal documents customised to your specific circumstances in less than 10 minutes
Download and print a PDF versions instantly
No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Not quite right? Looking for something else?
What other documents might I need?
If you’re interested in a Deed of Termination and Release you might also need to think about:
- 1-Page NDA
You’ve got proprietary information you want to protect, but it may be necessary to disclose some of it to outsiders. An NDA helps you keep that information contained.
- Confidentiality Agreement
Use this document when disclosing confidential information to another party while ensuring the information from being spread beyond your control.
- Deed of Settlement and Release
Use this document to settle a dispute by way of a single payment between the parties.
Read these articles or reach out to us for advice using the contact form below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.