This do-it-yourself document generator helps you draft a custom Employee Handbook that clearly explains your policies and procedures to new hires, giving them a playbook for success at your company.
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Employment Handbook in 15 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download a PDF versions for you to review, customise or sign.
What is an Employee Handbook?
An Employee Handbook provides information about the workplace and business for their current and future employees.
It is a guide for employees on what is expected of them at work, the policies and procedures of the workplace, and information on the rights and privileges they enjoy as employees.
When should I use an Employee Handbook ?
If you have employees, or are about to hire.
Employers are legally required to inform employees of their rights and responsibilities, and the Employee Handbook is the document where they are detailed.
On top of satisfying employer obligations, the handbook is a useful tool to set clear expectations on how employees should interact with your organisation. It also has the added benefit of guiding employee behaviour to foster a great organisational culture and work environment.
What topics does an Employee Handbook cover?
- Employer Details
- Date of the Employee Handbook
- About the Business
- Background of the Business
- Vision, Mission, and Values
- Working Hours
- Work Environments
- Office Details
- Mobile Devices
- Dress Code
- Workplace Relationships Policy
- Highest Approval Level
- Default Superannuation Fund
- Governing Law
- Important Notices covering Minimum conditions of employment, Incentive schemes, Salary sacrificing and non-monetary benefits and Staff discount schemes.
What are the main decisions I need to make in creating an Employee Handbook?
- Do you want to include a section about the background of the business?
- Do you want to include a section about the vision, mission and values of the business?
- Do you wish to include a workplace relationship policy?
- What do you wish the highest approval level should be?
- Do you want to add the business logo in the Employee Handbook?
What other names does an Employee Handbook go by?
An Employee Handbook is also known as:
- Staff Manual
- Business Handbook
- Staff Policies
- Company Policy manual
- Employment Policies handbook
- Employment Procedures handbook
- Operations Manual
Frequently Asked Questions
The parties involved are the employees and employer.
If you have employees or are considering hiring. Generally you would need this handbook to set out clear policies and procedures for your employees.
Absolutely. This handbook can be tailored to suit a vast array of business types including office environments, food-related businesses, physical labour businesses, and more.
- Details of the business that could be important for its employee handbook including background of the business, and its vision, mission, and values.
- Working hours of your business
- Details of your work environment
- Description of your office space
- Probation period set out by the company
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we would be happy to assist.
If you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the handbook please do not use it, Please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
Expertly crafted legal documents customised to your specific circumstances in less than 15 minutes
Download and print a PDF versions instantly
No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Not quite right? Looking for something else?
What other documents might I need?
If you’re interested in an Employee Handbook you might also need to think about:
- Employment Contract – You might need this to document the terms of your staff’s employment
- Employment Option Plan – You would need this document if you intend to issue Options to your employees
- Independent Contractor Agreement – You might need this document if you’re looking to document your relationship and obligations with or as an independent contractor
Read these articles or reach out to us for advice using the contact form below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.