Consent to Use – Quote, Image or Recording
The last thing you need to worry about are legal barriers that can make it tough to publish a glowing testimonial showcasing the success of your business.
This do-it-yourself, entirely customisable legal document covers all the bases around gaining written consent to publish quotes, images, or recordings being used for promotional purposes.
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Consent to Use of Quote, Image or Recording in 10 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download a PDF version for you to review, customise or sign.
What is a Consent to Use of Quote, Image or Recording contract?
This document grants consent to publish quotes, images, or recordings as testimonials or other promotional material for your business.
It solidifies the agreement between you and the parties featured in your business’ marketing to use such material for promotional purposes.
This document offers legal protection from claims against your business for the use of this material. It also gives you the option to adapt the use of the promotional material in question, so you and your business get the most out of it.
When should I use a Consent to Use of Quote, Image or Recording?
This document should be used if you’re looking to publish quotes, images or recordings and need authorisation from the parties who have provided that promotional content.
What topics does a Consent to Use of Quote, Image or Recording cover?
- Details of the Recipient of the Consent
- Details of Consenting Party
- Use of the Testimonial, Image or Recording
- Extension of the consent to use promotional content in regard to particular events
- Governing Law
- Important Notices
- Boilerplate language
What are the main decisions I need to make when creating a Consent to Use of Quote, Image or Recording?
- Should the consent be extended to cover statements, photos and audio/video recordings made at one or more particular events? By default, the consent provided to use promotional content covers all testimonials provided in connection with the business. However, you can include a provision to apply the promotional content in the context of specific events.
- Do you want to expressly permit the recipient of the consent to use the material in its website and social media pages?
What other names does a Consent to Use of Quote, Image or Recording go by?
A Consent to Use of Quote, Image or Recording is also known as:
- Consent and Release Form
- Recording Consent and Release Form
- Quote Consent and Release Form
- Photography Consent and Release Form
- Release Form
- Image Consent and Release Form
Frequently Asked Questions
The parties involved are the business looking to publish the quotes, images or recordings and the parties who have contributed to such promotional materials.
Generally you would need this document when looking to publish quotes, images or recordings which involve the contribution or presence of other parties.
- Details of the consenting party and the party receiving consent
- Whether the recipient conducts a business
- If so, a definition of the recipient’s business
- Whether the consenting party consents to being named or identified as the source of the material
- A description of the relevant events if you decide to extend the consent to cover promotional material arising from specific events.
- The relevant governing law
There are several signing options available. How you sign largely depends on where the parties are located and if they will attend signing together. You can print on paper and sign, or use electronic signature tools such as Docusign or Hellosign.
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we are always happy to help.
If you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the document please do not sign it or use it, please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
Expertly crafted legal documents customised to your specific circumstances in less than 10 minutes
Download and print a PDF version instantly
No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Not quite right? Looking for something else?
What other documents might I need?
If you’re interested in a Consent to Use of Quote, Image or Recording you might also need to think about:
- Deed of Assignment of IP – You might need this document to assign your IP in a quote, image or recording to another party for a commercial or non-commercial purpose
- IP Licence Agreement – You might need this agreement to document and licence the use of your IP
- Long Form NDA – You might need this to ensure that the party who you’re sharing your quote/image/recording knows to keep it confidential
Or check out these articles below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.