Advance Care Directive - VIC - You've got this!
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Advance Care Directive in 10 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download both Word and PDF versions for you to review, customise or sign.
What is Advance Care Directive ?
This document is suitable for communicating what healthcare treatments you would like to have or refuse.
This Advance Care Directive will then be respected even if you eventually do no longer have the capacity to make healthcare decisions due serious injury or illness.
When should I use it?
The Advance Care Directive should be used if you wish to proactively communicate your healthcare treatment decisions
What topics does the Advance Care Directive cover?
- Details of the person creating an Advance Care Directive
- Current major healthcare problems
- Advance statement in relation to mental illness
- Values Directive
- Instructional Directive
- Signing by witnesses
- Boilerplate language
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- Boilerplate language
What are the main decisions I need to make in creating a Advance Care Directive?
- You will have to decide what instructional directives you want to provide in the Advance Care Directive. It is important to properly identify your values which guide your instructional directives regarding healthcare treatment and provide sufficient reasoning for your consent or refusal to receive certain types of treatment.
- Do you want to include an expiry date for your Advance Care Directive?
What other names does Advance Care Directive go by?
- Advanced Health Directive
- Health Direction(in ACT)
- Living Will
- Medical Power of Attorney
Frequently Asked Questions
The party involved is the maker of the Advance Care Directive
You need to know what you would like to include in your Values and Instructional Directives
- What is a Values Directive?
A Values Directive is a statement of the adult’s preferences and values as the basis on which the Adult would like any medical treatment decisions to be made on behalf of them including but not limited to a statement of medical treatment outcomes that the adult regards as acceptable.
- What is an Instructional Directive?
An instructional Directive contains the adult’s legally binding instructions that is an express statement in the Advance Care Directive about the adult’s medical treatment decision.
- The details of the values guiding your instructional directives
- Witness details
There are several signing options available. How you sign largely depends on where the parties are located and if they will attend signing together. You can print on paper and sign, or use electronic signature tools such as Docusign or Hellosign.
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we would be happy to assist
If you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the document please do not sign it or use it, Please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
- Expertly crafted legal documents prepared by a lawyer for you to customise
- Takes just 10 minutes to complete
- Download and print instantly
- Word and PDF versions
- No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Not quite right? Looking for something else?
What other documents may I need?
If you’re interested in an Advance Health Directive you might also need to think about:
- Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker (Short form) – You can use this form instead, if there will be no more than two Medical Treatment Decision Makers.
- Last Will and Testament – You may need this document if you’re trying to document a more complex breakdown and distribution of your assets and it includes asset protection and tax savings.
- Simple Will – You may need this document if you intend to leave all your assets to one or more specific entities. This is a simpler version of the Last Will and Testament.
- Enduring Guardian – You may need this document if you’re trying to for appointing one or more decision-makers for personal matters.
Or check out these articles below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.