Advanced Personal Plan - NT
This do-it-yourself document generator helps you draft an Advance Personal Plan tailored to you and your needs in minutes.
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Advance Personal Plan in 10 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download a PDF versions for you to review, customise or sign.
What is a Advanced Personal Plan ?
The Northern Territory’s Advance Personal Plan is a formal document that does all the future-proofing you need for your estate. It replaces enduring powers of attorney and appoints decision makers for personal and financial matters.
It also communicates what healthcare treatments you would like to receive or refuse, your beliefs, and can nominate a substitute decision-maker when you can no longer make decisions on your own.
These directives are respected even if you eventually do not have the capacity to make healthcare decisions due to serious injury or illness.
When should I use it?
An Advance Personal Plan should be used if you wish to proactively document your estate planning and healthcare decisions if you are eventually without capacity to make those decisions.
What topics does the Advanced Personal Plan cover ?
- Details of the person creating an Advance Personal Plan
- Advance Care Statement
- Advance Consent Decision
- Appointment of Decision Makers
- Signing and Witnessing
What are the main decisions I need to make in creating a Advanced Personal Plan ?
- You will have to decide what instructional directives you want to provide in the Advance Personal Plan. It is important to properly identify your values which guide your instructional directives regarding healthcare treatment and provide sufficient reasoning for your consent or refusal to receive certain types of treatment.
- Would you like to receive palliation and comfort care?
- Would you like to include an Advance Consent Decision? These are decisions that are legally binding on your healthcare provider, and includes decisions about organ transplants, palliative care, instructions not to be put on life support, or directions about not receiving blood transfusions.
- Will you appoint a decision maker? You can appoint 3, and decide whether each will manage financial, personal, all or limited matters.
What other names does an Advanced Personal Plan go by ?
An Advance Personal Plan is also known as:
- Advance Health Directive
- Health Direction (in ACT)
- Enduring power of attorney
- Advance consent decision
- Living Will
- Medical power of attorney
Frequently Asked Questions
The party involved is the individual documenting their healthcare directions and/or appointing decision makers.
Generally you would need this document when you want to make sure that your healthcare decisions are communicated effectively even if you are incapacitated.
To make an Advance Personal Plan you must be an adult of 18 years of age or older with sound decision-making capacity.
The decision maker can help you manage:
- Day to day living matters such as diet and dress
- Health care
- Provision of care services
- Relationships with other people
- Carrying out forensic procedure
- Education and training
- Receipt and payment of money
- Property (including real estate) ownership
- Management of assets
- Carrying on trade or business
- Holding a license or permit
- Insurance for you and your property
- Legal matters
- Information that will help with medical decisions
- Cultural or spiritual requests
- Unacceptable outcomes to medical options (such as not being able to live independently or go home)
There are several signing options available. How you sign largely depends on where the parties are located and if they will attend signing together. You can print on paper and sign, or use electronic signature tools such as Docusign or Hellosign.
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we would be happy to assist.
If you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the document please do not sign it or use it, Please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
- Expertly crafted legal documents prepared by a lawyer for you to customise
- Takes just 10 minutes to complete
- Download and print instantly a PDF versions
- No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Not quite right? Looking for something else?
What other documents may I need?
- Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker (Short form) – You can use this form instead, if there will be no more than two Medical Treatment Decision Makers.
- Last Will and Testament – You may need this document if you’re trying to document a more complex breakdown and distribution of your assets and it includes asset protection and tax savings.
- Simple Will – You may need this document if you intend to leave all your assets to one or more specific entities. This is a simpler version of the Last Will and Testament.
Or check out these articles below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.