Health Direction (ACT)
This do-it-yourself document generator helps you draft a Health Direction for the ACT that is tailored to you and your needs in minutes.
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Health Direction (ACT) in 10 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download a PDF version for you to review, customise or sign.
What is a Health Direction?
A Health Direction is a formal plan in ACT that records instructions regarding your healthcare such as medical treatments you want to refuse or withdraw.
These directives are respected even if you eventually do not have the capacity to make healthcare decisions due to serious injury or illness.
When should I use it?
A Health Direction (ACT) should be used if there are specific medical treatments that you would like to refuse even when you lose capacity to make that decision.
What topics does the Health Direction cover?
- Health Direction
- Revoking all directions previously made under the Medical Treatment Act 1994 and other directions made under the Medical Treatment (Health Directions) Act 2006
What are the main decisions I need to make in creating a Health Direction?
- You may choose not to include witness details in the document, but the prescribed form requires that their occupations be listed in the document.
- You may choose to direct someone to sign this on your behalf, but they must do so in your presence and in the presence of the two witnesses.
What other names does Health Direction go by?
A Health Direction (ACT) is also known as:
- Advance Health Directive
- Health Directive
- Advance Personal Plan
- Advance Care Directive
Frequently Asked Questions
The party involved is the individual documenting their healthcare directions.
Generally you would need this document when you want to ensure certain medical treatments can be withdrawn or withheld even when you are incapacitated.
To make a Health Direction in the ACT, you must be an adult of 18 years of age or older with sound decision-making capacity.
- Details of the medical treatments to be withheld or withdrawn, if not generally
- Details of two witnesses to validate the signing of this document
This Health Direction is not valid unless the signature of the maker (or the signature of the person signing at the direction and in the presence of the maker) is witnessed by two other people.
There are several signing options available. How you sign largely depends on where the parties are located and if they will attend signing together. You can print on paper and sign, or use electronic signature tools such as Docusign or Hellosign.
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we would be happy to assist.
If you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the document please do not sign it or use it, Please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
- Expertly crafted legal documents customised to your specific circumstances in less than 10 minutes
- Download and print a PDF version instantly
- No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Not quite right? Looking for something else?
What other documents may I need?
- Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker (Short form) – You can use this form instead, if there will be no more than two Medical Treatment Decision Makers.
- Last Will and Testament – You may need this document if you’re trying to document a more complex breakdown and distribution of your assets and it includes asset protection and tax savings.
- Simple Will – You may need this document if you intend to leave all your assets to one or more specific entities. This is a simpler version of the Last Will and Testament.
Or check out these articles below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.