Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian - TAS
This do-it-yourself custom document generator guides you through the process of granting a trusted individual Power of Enduring Guardianship. Our tool helps you draft a contract that makes the guardianship official in minutes.
How does it work?
Our intuitive tool will guide you through the process step-by-step from start to finish. It’s quick, easy and simple to understand – just how legal documents ought to be.
The expert interview wizard will help you answer a few questions and prepare your document in the background. You’ll have your custom Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian in 10 minutes or less.
When you’re done, print or download a PDF versions for you to review, customise or sign.
What is an Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian?
An Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian is a legal document that appoints someone you trust to make lifestyle, health, and medical decisions on your behalf. This power continues even in the eventuality you are ill, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to make these decisions on your own.
When should I use it?
The Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian should be used if you’re looking to appoint someone else as a guardian to make lifestyle, health, and medical decisions on your behalf.
You can use this document to appoint an Enduring Guardian who will make decisions for you if you lose capacity to do so yourself.
This document cannot be used to appoint persons as Attorneys to make decisions for the Adult for financial matters
What topics does the Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian cover?
- Details of the Appointer
- Appointment of Enduring Guardians
- Appointment of Substitute Enduring Guardian
- Functions and Limits of the Enduring Guardians
- Optional – Directions to Enduring Guardians
- Appointer’s Signature
- Witness – Details and Formal Requirements
- Boilerplate language
What are the main decisions I need to make in creating an Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian?
- You want to appoint an Enduring Guardian you trust to make decisions regarding your personal matters, therefore you should make a careful decision in choosing your guardian.
- What limitations would you want to place on the functions of the Enduring Guardian? Choose whether to include or exclude the specified functions or to include the functions with certain limitations.
What other names does the Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian go by?
An Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian is also known as:
- Enduring Power of Guardianship
- Enduring Guardianship Agreement
- Appointment of Enduring Guardian
- Agreement to Appoint Enduring Guardian
Frequently Asked Questions
The parties involved are the appointed guardian and the principal.
Generally you would need this document when you are appointing someone to attend to your personal matters on your behalf.
Yes. If you want to appoint some to attend to your financial matters, you must grant an Enduring Power of Attorney.
- Details of appointed enduring guardian.
- If appointed, details of the substitute enduring guardian.
- Functions of the enduring guardian.
- Functions are recognised under state legislation, for example, the Guardianship Act 1987 in NSW. They often cover decisions on where the appointer lives, healthcare to be received, consent to medical and dental treatment, and other personal decisions.
- Limitations on the Enduring Guardian.
- Limitations are recognised under state legislation.
- Details of the witness.
There are several signing options available. How you sign largely depends on where the parties are located and if they will attend signing together. You can print on paper and sign, or use electronic signature tools such as Docusign or Hellosign.
If you need any assistance please contact us directly, we would be happy to assist.
f you have any questions or are uncertain about any aspect of the document please do not sign it or use it, Please contact us directly and we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Get in touch with us and we can provide a fixed-fee price to review it.
- Expertly crafted legal documents customised to your specific circumstances in less than 10 minutes
- Download and print a PDF versions instantly
- No need to speak with a lawyer – you’ve got this!
You've got this!
Create your own customized document now. No lawyer needed!
Not quite right? Looking for something else?
What other documents may I need?
If you’re interested in an Instrument Appointing Enduring Guardian you might also need to think about:
- Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker (Short form) – Use this form if you intend for there to be no more than two Medical Treatment Decision Makers.
- Last Will and Testament – You may need this document if you’re trying to document a more complex breakdown and distribution of your assets. It can also include asset protection and tax savings.
- Express Will – You may need this document if you intend to leave all your assets to one or more specific entities. This is a simpler version of a Last Will and Testament.
Or check out these articles below
Need lawyer-prepared documents instead?
We've got this! Get in touch now
Get documents tailored to YOUR business, not nobody's business
Biztech Lawyer’s ‘done for you’ service will help you create a document that is truly tailored to your business’ circumstances, risk appetite and commercial needs.
This might involve a small extra expense. But from experience, there’s a false economy in documents that don’t do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it.
Let our expert commercial lawyers get it done for you.
The Biztech Lawyers difference
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner…
- Documents prepared by expert Australian lawyers with 10+ years legal experience
- Includes initial discussion, drafting and one round of changes
- No charge for initial scoping discussion
- Turned around in 24-48 hours
We are business and technology lawyers who assist businesses with all their commercial legal needs.
WE GET YOU
We will truly grasp the complexities and needs of your tech-driven business unlike any other legal partner… We have deep practical experience across top-tier law and strategy consulting, and we’ve also held operational xand leadership roles in scaling some of the most exciting start-ups to come out of Australia and conquer the world.
WE’VE BEEN THERE
We will get your deal done the way you want: commercially, strategically, and cost effectively… We thrive in high-growth environments. We’re nimble, agile, and responsive. We know boot strapped, keep things lean, and offer billing solutions to suit you.
WE’RE WITH YOU
We will focus on your growth to reach new heights — as your decision making partner, problem solving workhorse and operations specialist — to transform legal in your business. We have a unique legal and operations skill set, drawing on a network of specialist lawyers and tech partners across the world to support you through every stage of development.